When you first look at the different hosting options available for you, it is normal to feel a little overwhelmed. There are numerous things that you need to analyze and you cannot simply trust the recommendations of anyone. This is because some options are better for some businesses.
If you want to make the best possible choice, here are the most important factors you want to remember.
Unfortunately, most people simply think about costs and then analyze features. This is a really bad approach. It is much better to first analyze features. You might need something really simple as a shared hosting package or something that has a really high performance, like the BGP looking glass server. Cost does not indicate if you get a good deal.
Whenever you analyze the various hosting packages you find, the very important features you always want to look at are:
- Disk Space – Generally speaking, the more you get, the better. Enough space is needed to cover all site pages and extra to host things like email and databases.
- Bandwidth – Just as with disk space, the more you get, the better. Modern hosting plans include more than enough to start but in time, you might need more. Your need depends a lot on the popularity of the site and the content that you host. For instance, when you host video that will be streamed directly from your server, bandwidth goes down fast. Some packages even offer unlimited bandwidth, which is an option you might want to consider.
- Support Options – The truth is that most site owners do not know much about hosting packages. Due to this, you need access to as much support as possible. Support quality should always include suitable options and help you when you need it.
- Payment Options – Some hosting providers only accept specific payment options while others give you access to many. You need to be sure that you can pay for what you bought so do not underestimate this factor.
Choosing The Best Web Hosting Service For You
When a web host is chosen, most people do not understand how important it is to consider the size. You do not need to necessarily opt for the most popular and biggest service. However, it is something that you want to take into account. Popularity is always a very good thing but with web hosting companies, it is just a factor.
The popularity of the host can negatively impact performance and quality. This is because resources are always limited, because of:
- Computing resources competition – Every single server cluster or server includes limited RAM, disk space and CPU. The hosting company needs to keep leasing or purchasing new servers to offer the best possible services for clients. Great servers are not cheap.
- Bandwidth competition – Traffic comes from human visitors and internal activities. Every single picture, video, email text, and programming code line eats up bandwidth limit.
- Support Resources competition – The performance and quality of the support department decreases when the popularity of the host is very high.
Choosing The Correct Hosting Package For You
The cheapest option available is always shared hosting. In this case, the resources of one server are divided among different customers. Costs are kept down and adequate performance level is still offered for those that run a smaller site since they need lower performance and bandwidth.
The option that is considered to be the best and is the most expensive is the dedicated server. In this case, one server is fully dedicated to one customer.
Between the top and bottom options, there is the VPS (virtual private server) opportunity. This one combines cost savings associated with shared hosting and many advantages associated with dedicated hosting. Competition still exists for bandwidth and computing resources but the site is more isolated.
Whenever you choose a hosting package, you have to take into account business size, how much traffic is expected and various other factors. For medium businesses, shared hosting or VPS usually meets needs. If you choose a reliable web host, it becomes easy to upgrade whenever needed.